Requirements for new submission
Potential authors should submit their manuscript(s) via the online submission system according to the following format:
It should be noted the submitted manuscripts in the format of JECEI must be at least 6 pages.
Providing Graphical Abstract
All submitted papers for publishing in Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering Innovations (JECEI) should include a Graphical Abstract (GA). Authors must submit an abstract figure (diagram or illustration selected from the manuscript or an additional "eye-catching" figure) and accompanying text for this abstract. Briefly, the GA should include the followings:
A high quality figure and/or a flowchart
- A high quality table (optional)
- Some highlights which summarizing the findings presented in the paper, no more than 3 sentences.
When a manuscript has been submitted for publication by the journal, authors will be requested to fill and sign the below copyright agreement to grant publisher rights to the journal. These rights include the exclusive right to publish and distribute the accepted article in all forms and media and the authority to enforce the rights in the article, on behalf of an author, against third parties, in cases of plagiarism or copyright infringement.
The regular review process includes the following items:
- Checking the English language
- Format/Style check based on the JECEI’s paper template
- Plagiarism check
- Editorial board fast review
- Blind peer reviews the manuscript at least by two potential experts in the field of the paper, if it passes four above-mentioned items.
Peer review process
To maintain the peer review system, authors can participate in the peer review process to evaluate the articles of others.
Double-Blind Peer Review Guidelines
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering Innovations (JECEI) uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity.
Information to help prepare the Title Page
This should include the title, authors' names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including telephone and e-mail address.
Information to help prepare the Blinded Manuscript
Besides the obvious need to remove names and affiliations under the title within the manuscript, there are other steps that need to be taken to ensure the manuscript is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review. To assist with this process the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2016]” .
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2016]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2016] Details omitted for ,-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Remove any identifying information, including author names, from file names and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
Requirements after acceptance of the paper
Since the paper's proofreading is the sole responsibility of the corresponding author, then prior to the publication of the paper, the final version of the paper is sent to the corresponding author via an email and he is asked to review it and if it has no problem, he will confirm it. Changes to the article are accepted only at this stage with the editor in chief's permission. It is important to ensure that all corrections are sent to us in one communication. Please check carefully before answering, because any subsequent corrections cannot be guaranteed.
Authors can trace their submitted paper through JECEI website on author’s login section at http://jecei.sru.ac.ir/